Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Henry Mark Dougherty



Henry was given a name and blessed on May 6th 2012. 40 years to the day earlier his Papa (pictured above), was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What a lucky boy that he could share this special day and anniversary with his Papa. My heart was so full of gratitude for my Father -in-Law as I contemplated the decision he made that day and the impact it has had on so many peoples lives. He met Kae, married and went on to raise 7 amazing children. Six out of the Seven have married and a total of 22 grandchildren have been brought down from Heaven. Its overwhelming to think of the lives that have been touched and changed because of your faithful decision to be baptized 40 years ago. I know that my life was absolutely saved and changed by your son. He is the best man I know and I know I have you and Kae to thank for that Den. I remember the first time Christopher shared your conversion story with me and as I looked at the paper it was printed on, it looked like it had been opened and reread a thousand times (it was still in the envelope a lady bug had landed on for luck!).  I know that it was a great source of strength and light for Christopher on his mission and has strengthened his testimony ten fold. I am proud to be apart of the Dougherty family and I am grateful my children have such a strong example of Faith to look up to in their Papa. Thank you Nana and Papa for coming to Atlanta to be here for this special day. I hope you both know how much you are loved by this little family of four!



Happy little Guy!


I felt very blessed on this day. I know I have so much to be thankful for and I truly am.



5 comments:

Foulgers said...

Youre so sweet! And henry is looking adorable!! Love and miss you hoy mama

Emily said...

Liza! You look beautiful! Holy cute family, batman.

Abby said...

I love the quilt Em! He looks so handsome on it!

Eliza, your breathtaking as usual.

Christopher is pretty stellar. Thanks Dennis and Kae for being such great examples for him.

Kisses

Tia and Cam said...

what a meaningful day! sweet story. and you look hot, I want your outfit. send it to lubbock, you have my address... thanks :)

Anne Dougherty said...

Amen! What a beauftiful little Henry! Peter grunts like crazy too!