Friday, September 12, 2008

The "magical moment"

So my sister Abby has been in labor for over 30 hours now and she is still waiting. It all started yesterday morning when she began have contractions in the hospital. It was progressing all day long, it was slow but it was progressing. This morning at 7:30 she had hit the home stretch at 8/9cm and 90%. She could feel the baby's head! This was amazing considering the length of time my sweet sister has already waited for her first born. 2 hours later they came to check again and the little bugger had moved. This in turn slowed the process and even sent her backwards. Back to 7 cm and cervix getting thicker. This upped her chances of a C-section to a 50/50 percent. Currently they are still waiting just praying the little guy will return to the ideal birthing position. He's got two hours and then it's time to go in a get him. This is Abby's worst fear coming true here. This has been really hard for me being in Texas and all because I am so far away and I am having a hard time grasping the feel of what is really going on. I'm worried about my sister. I was just talking to my dad though and he is so cute!! (I miss him like crazy by the way) but he said " what's the big deal if I were Abby I'd want the c-section right away I wouldn't even go into labour" I had to answer him " dad, if she has the c-section she won't have the "magical moment" when the baby comes out and they lay it on you, and you get all slimy and such." He ofcourse said some elequent response that I can't quite recall at this moment and I wouldn't want to miss quote anyone. But I know you will be sad Abby if you have to have a c-section, so I hope you don't, but I know no matter what it will be a magical moment when he comes out. And who knows you still might get all slimy and stuff if your awake for it! You are a Queen! I'm so proud of you. Now get that baby out so I can see pictures. Love ya, Eliza

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh what our dear Abby has been through! She will forever hold the trophy of amazingness in the cousin hall of fame. I enjoyed this post though, oh that magical moment! I hope she gets a perfect one! She surely deserves it after all of this

Phil and roxy said...

abby abby abby she is amazing!

Abby said...

My magical moment...I never got slimed because they had to take care of him immediately. I only saw his profile until they brought him back from the NICU...and when he did come out I had to ask what was going on... Me: "What's happening?" Them: "We are getting the shoulders out." Me: (to myself) Why didn't you tell me his head came out... and was renewed with a new sense of energy to push harder!) Thanks for this sweet post. My magical moment was that I didn't need a c-section after all. What a blessing! My worse fear was averted. Now my fear is.." Are all my babies going to be that big?"

I can't believe dad said that. I think it is hilarious! How could you not want the opportunity to push your own baby out? Silly men...