Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Inspired

My sister gave me a website to look at for some new recipes and I did get some great new ones to try, but I think I gained a little more from it. It is a blog of a woman who talks about the experiences of her family and being a wife and mother. She shares her creative ideas and just talks about everyday life. These are cool things about her blog but it is not what I drew inspiration from. I was inspired by her outlook on life. Never once on her blog do you read of the negative or frustrations she has fulfilling her daily duties. She focuses on the good things and the things that make her life so beautiful. It's not that she is any more amazing then any other mother of four children and wife and citizen in this country but she sure makes me feel like her life is magical. Anyways the last four days at work I have been reading her blog from start to finish. I have been inspired to focus on the good things in my life (because there are soooo many) and I feel like lately I have just been worring about everything that is not so great and lets be honest I felt like crap.
But this week was different this week was happy. I mean sure I probably got mad and whinned at Christopher over something but I can't rememebr any of it. All I can remember is that Christopher and I made dinner together and we snuggled a lot and last night when I was sick and miserable on the bathroom floor at 3am he came in and sat with me and rubbed my hair and stayed with me untill I felt better (2 hours later). Then this morning when I woke up I would usually be thinking how tired and miserable I was from the fact that I spent two hours on the bathroom floor the night before, but all I could think about was how amazing it was that someone loved me that much to sit with me all night and make sure I was ok. I feel happy this week and it is my goal to feel like this all the time. Everyone should try this, it feels so good to focus on how awesome your life is. And everyone has awesomness in their lives no matter how bad your situation is.

The bloggers name is Stephanie Nielson and she and her husband were just in a horrible plane accident. They both survived but have suffered much. This is a website you can go to to donate if you choose. Her story also confirmed to me how amazing the blessing of the lord are when we are living as he has asked us too.

Love you all.

No comments: