Wednesday, June 4, 2008

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I, here we come!!


So Christopher and I packed up our things and said good bye to our home in Michigan. We've loved living here and will be sad to say goodbye, but we are looking forward to our new adventure together. We packed up a big 16 footer truck said our goodbyes and off we went. It was a 14 hour drive and we did it in one day. I of course was scared out of my mind to drive the truck, but Christopher needed a break about half way through the trip so I took over. I was really proud of myself for those 45 min I drove. I was holding my breath the whole time and I had my hands at ten and two, and they were glued there. I was actually a little sore after he took over again because I was squeezing the wheel so hard and I was tense. I was grateful for a husband who would drive almost the entire time!! He is wonderful and he is working hard in Southaven, MS to provide for our little family. I'm still on the job hunt but hopefully it will be over soon!!! We are currently living with Christopher's sister Elizabeth and her sweet family. We are loving it! They have the cutest little girls, and one more on the way!!! I wish I had more pictures of Mississippi but my camera has been dead the entire time we've been here until now. So pictures shall be posted soon.

4 comments:

Tim & Alicia said...

Congrats on graduating!
Happy Anniversary!
Good luck in Mississippi!
Driving those big trucks IS scary! I drove our U-Haul through the mountains from Provo to Evanston. In the end I made Tim drive it and I drove the Truck with the faulty clutch. That was the longest trip of my life.

Megan said...

Ha ha ha - I can totally picture you in those 45 minutes Lizard!! I'm excited for you guys to start fresh in Mississippi, what a fun little adventure for sure! I miss you! I'm happy you updated your blog - way fun!

Foulgers said...

Oh my little nervous lize, you are going to be such a great mom...I'll be the one loosing my kids all the time. Good job on blogging!!! you two are adorable and chris is such a wonderful hubby. Good luck with the move to texas now

Foulgers said...

update your blog. homo.