Wednesday, June 4, 2008

May 12, 2008 (One Year Mark)

We actually celebrated our one year anniversary a little early this year. Christopher bought tickets to go and see STOMP and he took me to one of my favorite restaurants before hand. It was a really good night. We did eat the top of our cake exactly one year later on May 12, 2008. It was quite the event and these are only half the pictures we took. For anyone who was at our wedding you will know that our cake was the most amazing tasting wedding cake ever!! (I realize that might be an extreme statement but I just want you to get the idea of how good it was.) When we stored our top layer in the freezer lets just say it wasn't the most gracious way you freeze your wedding cake if you are planning on eating it. Basically it was put in a bowl and we covered the top with foil and someone stuck a fork in it, which ended up ripping the foil. All this was done before storing it in a freezer full of meat that had the tendency to turn off every once in a while. Needless to say I wasn't that thrilled to taste it. So after we took a million pictures to try and just get one good one we finally tasted it!! Much to our surprise it tasted just like the day we got married. It was so good!! And seriously not even ten min after we had cut it, it was gone. Christopher inhaled it. You can see my face in the picture below as he stuffs his face luckily we got that on camera. I like when he eats food I make for him like this because then I know he really does like it and he's not just trying to make me feel good. He is so sweet to me and after a year of marriage we are both doing great!! We love being married and we are excited about this next year and what it will bring!!!






















. . . . and it's gone

1 comment:

Erin said...

hey you! cute blog. seriously? you ate it?! i always heard it was soooo gross after a year! congrats on hitting the year mark!