Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year my Mom and Dad and 3 of my sisters came to Atlanta. It was a great time. On Thanksgiving morning instead of a Turkey bowl, this year, we did the Turkey trot, which was pretty appropriate for my family as we are mostly girls. I think Christopher missed his football but he was a good sport and ran the 5k with my dad and sisters. I ran the half marathon and my mom and bugs were the cheerleaders. 

(Before the race)
It started at Turner field and we live really close it. But it took us so long to get there because of all the traffic that we were a little rushed, at least I was. My race started a little before the 5k. I didn't quite hit my goal time, but it was a good race. Next time I definitely don't want to run alone. I'm still trying to convince Christopher to do it with me. Maybe next year! The 5kers had a blast though. They all ran together nice and slow. Most of them were in no shape to run a race. Margie was pretty rocked from the race the rest of the weekend.

My mom and bugs had fun too while they chased us down and waited for us to finish.



I saw Reese and my mom twice during the run. The first time I stopped and gave her a big kiss. She was so happy to see me and then I had to go. I guess as soon as I left she just lost it. She did not like seeing me run away from her and vanish into a sea of people. Then I saw her again and she was sitting in her stroller just scanning the runners going by. I thought I would be ok if I just waved this time she saw me and again just lost it. When we all met up after the race Reese was a mess. She was so afraid I was going to leave her again she would not let go of me. She wouldn't even go to Christopher. Apparently it was pretty traumatic for her. I was so tired I could barely hold my self up, but I felt bad putting her down, so I lugged or I guess hugged my 26 pound baby all the way back to the car. It was kind of nice to see how much she really does love me though.




 Notice her white finger tips. She was holding on so tight, so I wouldn't put her down.
 Then we went home and made an awesome Thanksgiving dinner. It was one of the better ones that I can remember. It was also my first experience with sweet potato pie. I must say I think it is my new favorite, even over pumpkin and I am a big fan of pumpkin.It was sooo good. Wish I had pictures of dinner.

The next day we went ice skating in the park and to the aquarium. It was so fun. Atlanta has some really nice parks and a few of them set up outdoor ice rinks. It was so much fun. We were all a little shaky on skates at first but we got pretty good after a while.





Umm. . . Reese had a little wave of PTSD from the day before whenever I would skate over to her then skate away, so I had to steer clear of her side of the rink. She loves her grandma though, so it wasn't too bad. The rest of the time we just hung out, played games and played with the babe. 


 She had so much fun with her aunties and grandma and grandpa. Her new obsession is purses, shoes and hats. Thanks for coming everyone. I'm so grateful to have such a great family on both sides mine and Christopher's. Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

Titensor Family said...

I love this post! OH my word, you are in great shape, a half marathon! You are an inspiration to me! I love the pics of your Reese holding onto you! Sadie is a 30 pounder and at seven months pregnant, it's getting a little old carrying her around but I usually just give in and cart her around most of the day :)

Foulgers said...

Dang you...look at you just running 13 miles like it ain't no thing. I talk to you on the phone and you mention nothing of the sort. When I have ran mine that's like MY one accomplishment of the year so I have to tell everyone! I'm jealous. but well done, your fam is so cute, I loved the matching long sleeves on race day. Where was Emilys?? Too cool? I miss your cute parents!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Tia and Cam said...

that picture of reese holding on to you from the back is SO CUTE. mama's girl, huh? i like this post, very informative and enjoyable to the eyes. little bugs needs to make a trip to lubbock?

Zepp Family said...

Gosh, we MISSED you guys sharing Thanksgiving with us this year:( but it was good that you were able to spend the holiday with your side of the fam. Looks like it was good times for all.

Congrats on the half mile!!! I am super proud of you :)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN JANUARY. You should have heard the girls scream when I told them that Buggy was coming to visit after Christmas.

Jacob said...

i love this. and umm you look sooo skinny!