Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tasmanian Devil

Bugs got Tubes a few weeks ago. It was a sad day until she got her drugs . . .
 
 She was so scared of anyone coming near her that they had to give her something to help her relax and oh did it ever. Even though I knew she was happier and less stressed I think it was harder for me to see her drugged up and "high", for lack of a better word, than to hold her when she was going crazy after the surgery. She just laid there and was perfectly quiet, just looking around, eyes completely glazed over, and then they rolled her down to surgery. And of course I was crying.
The doctor came in when it was done and said everything went fine. She told us to expect anything from a sweet little angel to a Tasmanian devil when she came back from recovery and was coming down off the anesthesia. We waited for a little bit while she was in recovery and then we heard her. She was wailing when they brought her in. She had her eyes closed and was just thrashing and spinning in my arms. No position was comfortable for her and nothing soothed her. It was so awful. As sad as that was it made me feel so grateful to have a healthy baby. She finally calmed down after about a half hour of crying. We took her home, put her down for a nap and when she woke up she was just as happy as can be. She has not had any problems since the surgery so I think all is well. Little kids are tough. I think ours is pretty feisty. I love her for it.

4 comments:

DaNae said...

She looks so sad!! Poor Reese girl. But she is one tough cookie. Love all the updates and the shout out.

Foulgers said...

Aww little Reesie! Well I hope now all her ear issues are solved. You're such a good mama

Tina said...

I know exactly how you feel. Jacob has had tubes many times and has had to go under a few times as well so that scene looks all too familiar!!
I'm so glad she is doing better and recovery went so well!!
She is such a doll!!

Zepp Family said...

Ahhh, that is so sad. I feel your pain....when Bird had her finger tip amputated I think the most awful part of the whole ordeal was seeing her doped up and then being so out of sorts after coming down from the medicine.

Glad the tubes have done the trick!