Friday, September 14, 2012

The Mother of all RECAPS

I was so proud of myself for keeping up on our life in Atlanta post Henry's arrival. Then it felt like a tornado hit my life and we had a crazy month of living out of a suitcase. Now I am so far behind. Really a month isn't that long when transitioning but we packed a lot of events into that month. So here it goes in pictures and a few words. . . .

 After we came back from Springfield we had to go get are girl! So we made one last trip to Tally and headed to the beach with these guys. We are so sad to be far away from them now but we had some good times these past two years.
 These 3 together are pretty cute.
 Henry was such a good boy. Basically just chilled in his stroller all day.
 We will miss this Ocean!
Driving back to Hotlanta.

Once back in Atlanta we started prepping the house for packers. My Mom came to visit. She originally was coming to help when I thought I was packing the whole house by myself. But after we found out the hospital was paying for the entire move she still decided to come and spend the last days with us.
 She took Reese back to MI with her on the plane. This was probably a smart move to have Reese go but I had just gotten her back from Florida and it was hard for me to let her go again. But like always I got over it and she had the time of her life playing with her cousins. There are no pictures of this because I never got them from my Mom's camera and now they will remain for ever in the abyss that is my moms camera.
The day after Reese left, Henry had his 4 month doctor visit, shots and all. Basically he is still on the large side.
18lbs
26.5 inches ( I think I am just trying to remember off the top of my head)
At 4 months he was sleeping through the night I had just stopped nursing and he was just one happy baby.
We (the moving peeps) packed up our house in one day and then packed the truck the next. It was harder then I thought saying goodbye to that house. It will hold so many beautiful memories. As i sat in it empty I tried to remember some of my favorite moments. Reese took her first steps there. She grew up there. Then we brought Henry home to that house. I loved it. Would have loved it more in a different neighborhood but that is why we moved! Ok so our last night in Atlanta we went to a Braves game with Christopher's parents and sister. This was the best way to end our time in Atlanta. I am so glad they came for Christopher's Graduation. His graduation was the very last day we were in ATL. It was such a great feeling watching him walk across that stage. I was and am so proud of him. 
 I wanted a picture with all of us and since Reese would be gone for the real thing I made Christopher put his attire on and snap a photo pre-grad. This was actually a good idea since the day of his Graduation I had to walk basically a mile from the parking garage to get there in crazy humidity. I looked like a hot mess when I walked in so I was happy to have this picture. I was also glad to get such a great picture of Christopher with his parents. 
After Graduation we went out to eat for some good Mexi food and then we hit the road. Two days of driving and we made it to Manistee, MI, where we met my family for a week vacay on Lake Michigan. It was a great week. Lots of pictures for this one.
Reese and Isaac
Lake Michigan


 Cuties
 This trip may have provided these two with some good solid birth control. They were seriously cute with the kids though.
 Face Painting by Reese. Her style is a little abstract but what you are looking at is spiderman for the boys and fairy princess for the girls.
 Always had to be mermaids in the sand even Jackson liked to get in on it of course he was a merMAN
 Grams and Gramps w/ the little bear
 H with his namesake, love that they are twins in this pic.
 OH. THAT. FACE!
I do this to him all day long. I can't help myself I mean come on, look at those cheeks!
yummy baby, the Tank started sitting while we were at the lake.
 Dog piles on Uncle Ryan were a common accurane. He was the definite favorite.
Lots of naps and Olympics.
 I loved spending time with this guy especially after he found out he passed his boards and could start his new job! 
It was so nice spending time with all of my family. There was a lot of beach time, good food, olympics, and games. I can't believe we are all grown up. It happened so fast it feels like and now that I have my own babes its going even faster. Time is so precious in this life. I am trying to always remember that and to use it wisely with the things that matter most and that will make me happy. This week at the lake was definitely time well spent.




1 comment:

Tia and Cam said...

umm your family is so fun. Loved all these pictures... the one where everyone is sleeping together on the couch is so cozy. and you look gorgeous as always. Henry is quite kissable and reese looks SO big!? nothing but love.