Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rare Occasion

We are so lucky here in Atlanta to have a special opportunity to take part in a LDS Temple dedication. Our temple here in Atlanta has been closed for two years as they have been doing renovations on it. This Sunday the Prophet will be rededicating it. Christopher and I have been very lucky to live 20 min or closer to a Temple these last few years, and are excited to be able to go again. Last week we were able to walk through and view the Temple at the open house as a family. I was so glad to be able to take Reese. I was a little nervous because I didn't want her to be crazy in the temple trying to have us chase her and touching everything (you know how 18 month olds are). I was so surprised and touched when as soon as we entered the temple and she got her special little booties on she was as reverent as could be.  I know she had a little sweet spirit helping her to be calm and content as she walked through each room taking it in. Of course like any little girl she loved the bling in the sealing rooms. She walked around those rooms with her head up starring at the chandeliers, pointing and saying "pretty pretty" over and over again. It was a sweet experience.



We had a great Easter weekend as well! The Easter Bunny came bearing baskets of books and a new movie and of course a new dress! We told her the story of the Resurrection through pictures. I love teaching Reese about Jesus. I know she doesn't have any idea what I am talking about when I tell her yet, but she knows who Jesus is and that he is someone she should remember. There are a few pictures in her room and one is of Jesus and I love when she wakes up and I come in and she points to the picture and says "Jesus" it kind of melts my heart a little. Seriously though what doesn't these days with her.

2 comments:

Tia Bowen Films said...

beautiful family picture! love her easter grin.. she looks pumped!

Mary Alethia said...

Eliza! That is really neat that you were able to go through with Reese. Shes such a sweetheart. You have the most adorable little family i cant wait to see you soon!

Mary