Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birthday, Peendas, Nemo, and Emmies = Perfect Weekend

This past weekend was jam packed! We celebrated Christopher's 28th birthday. 
 Reese and I made him dinner of his choice and of course his go to cake, White on White. He is pretty easy to please and that would have been enough for him, but because Reese and I were going out of town on his actual birthday we threw in a nice breakfast for him too! Happy Birthday. Thanks for always being so great about us leaving you babe!!

So once again Reese and I were off. We went to DC to see my sister Emily. She has wanted us to come so bad for a while now and we were finally able to make it happen. It was such a great weekend I really love DC and want to go back soon and spend more time checking out our Nations Capital. I'll break it the events of the weekend down in pictures for you. 

Friday we went to the Zoo. Reese had so much fun looking at all of the animals one animal in-particular she kind of died over. Thats right folks that would be her good friend the Panda or in the bugs language "Peenda". I don't have the best pictures of her drooling over this guy I think my sister took those ones but she could have watched him all day. He was just sitting eating a bamboo stick he really seemed like the sweetest thing. After the zoo and after my sister bought Reese every piece of Panda memorabilia the zoo sells (watch for the pandas in almost every picture we take the rest of the weekend) we went to lunch. It was a great day!


  
Saturday I woke up super early to go and run the DC National Half Marathon. It was Freeeeeezing, well ok it was like 33 degrees when we started but I am super sensitive to the cold when running. I feel like I can never warm up. Most people would have considered it a perfect day for a race but I remain unmoved in my opinion that it was entirely to cold despite the fact that I had my best race to date. The course was so nice and fast, and we got to run by some pretty great places. After the race we walked around to check out the cherry blossoms and a bunch of the monuments. Reese was such a trooper to be so happy out in the cold all day she really is such a dream!






She was mostly interested in feeding the ducks, chasing the birds and running back and forth to Emily and I.
Sunday we went to church and then hit the Smithsonian again. We went to the Aerospace Museum and the Natural History Museum, need I say more. It was another great day.

 Flying the Airplanes was a big hit.


 Checking out the Spaceships and Rockets



 Checking out some large animals with Big Teeth.

After the stuffed animals Reese found her new favorite thing. A whole fish tank full of Nemos and Dories. She was in Heaven. We tried to leave this tank once and we were across the entire room about to turn the corner into a new exhibit when she caught sight of the tank again and took off running towards it saying "Nemo, Nemo" the whole way. It was a good distance away, to the point where the people by the tank were wondering where this babies parents were by the time we caught up to her. She is a little obsessed with fish right now.



Monday morning Reese and I packed it up and said goodbye to Emily and D.C. and headed home. We were sad to leave our Emmies but were so grateful to have gone! Its always good to leave wanting more. Thanks Em, we love you so much!

She slept the whole way home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love yours and reese's matching boots! She is such a cutie for reals though, i mean her freakin cute coat and lil hat and mittens!!! to die for! looks like you guys had fun :)

Angela Dougherty said...

Oh my gosh, that video of her was adorable!! I loved how she was completely ignoring you because she was so obsessed with the pictures. I'm glad you had such a great trip!

Tia Bowen Films said...

that video is so cute! she is talking so well. and she looked like panda bear herself in her black and white-ness! I love DC and you are so lucky to have gotten to go during the cherry blossoms. Congrats on your race, did Reese get upset seeing you run away again? you look HOT!

Foulgers said...

Awww gosh, lize, she is such a cutie. oh how I wish we were closer! I can't believe she just passed out in the plane like that. So awesome, and she got her own seat...even better. And I love her traveling outfit

roxann said...

So glad you such a good time. What a fun little reesiebell. That is what jackson calls her. So fun to have such wonderful sisters. I'm sorry i give you a hard time about your travels i'm probably just jealous!!!

Mary Alethia said...

Eliza. so you seemed to have had a blast in DC...WHen are you going to come visit me?? Reese looks adorable! I am glad you are all doing well! Sure love you!