Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reese Annabelle Dougherty




Born 10-18-2009 @ 8:48 pm
Stats: 8lbs 2oz
20 3/4 inches long

Contractions started at 2am on Sunday morning by 4:30 they were 5 min apart and what I thought at the time were relatively intense (I had no idea what was ahead). Christopher and I left for the hospital around then and stayed for about 2 hours watching the progress. I was only dilated to 1cm. They gave me a choice to either break my water and see where things went or go home take some Ambien and try to sleep because I hadn't slept at all yet. I chose to go home and wait. They told me at the hospital to take Ambien not just one but two if I needed it. So I took one when I got home but Christopher was so worried about me and he wanted me to sleep and kept insisting that I take two like they said. So I took two and never having taken this stuff before I had no idea how strong it was. I went to sleep around 6:30 am and woke up at noon when my mom arrived. Looking back now I don't really remember much between the time when I woke up and when we left for the hospital its all a little blurry. Next time if there is one I think I will just take 1 Ambien. At this time my contractions were much stronger and and kept building until around 4:00 pm when we went back to the hospital. I was dilated to 3 cm and they decided my contractions were close enough and strong enough that she would be coming soon. I went from a 3 to a 7 in about 2 hours and got an epidural! Around 8 pm she was ready to come. I pushed for about 30 min and she was here. Everything went so smooth and she is healthy and so perfect.
It has been a week and I think we fall in love with her all over again every time we see her!


You can see more pictures HERE and Here

12 comments:

Tim & Alicia said...

I think I was the last person to see that you posted pics on Facebook, so Im glad to be one of the first to comment on your blog!
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Of course she is. She's got a little bit of a Jones baby face, and all that hair! Sounds like it was a good experience, as good as labor an delivery can be. You're awesome parents already! Love and cuddle on her constantly, don't feel bad if you never get anything else done. I'm finding that #1 keeps me so constantly on the go that I hardly have time to enjoy #2. Congratulations guys!

Angela Dougherty said...

Oh my gosh...she is absolutely perfect. I love her so much already! I also love the outfit that you took her home from the hospital in. She is going to be one stylin girl! I can't wait to see you guys for thanksgiving!

ade said...

ohh my goodness - she is gorgeous...every single thing about her. Eliza, I love the smile on your face. you can tell you are enjoying every moment - good stuff. We love you guys and are so excited for Reese to be here.

Adrianne

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

Your Beautiful Reese! Congratulations Eliza and Christopher. See you all at Thanksgiving. Love Papa

Zepp Family said...

Reeser, you are the cutest and sweetest! We want to snuggle with you again ASAP!

The Smith's - said...

Eliza, she is beautiful!!! Congratulations I am so excited for you - I am sure that you are a wonderful mom and that Reese is one lucky baby to have you! Love,Heather

Ruth said...

She is beautiful and I'm glad to hear how smoothly everything went... much love to you both and the baby.

Foulgers said...

Oh dear, so cute. I'm already in love :) Hope all is still goin well. Can't wait to meet her, keep those pictures coming for all of us who live far away!! Love you
xoxox

PS; love the baby doggie bed. :) never seen one of those suckers before. Does she like it??

Ben, Ursula and Isabella Dougherty said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun, the clothes, the everything. She is also too beautiful! We love you guys!

Tina said...

Congratulations!! I wish I could see her in person. Maybe someday, I'm sure. She is so cute and it made me smile when I read that you fall in love with her all over again every time you see her. That was precious and that is how I feel every time I have a baby. Your days are going to get better and better and soon you'll be able to play with her and have a little buddy. How fun!! Enjoy every moment!!

Megan said...

Eliza and Chris - Congrats!!! She is so little and cute! I cannot wait to see what our little girl will look like :) I just noticed that Reese's middle name is 'annabelle'... I've thought about it as a first name, funny. Any other girl names you loved but won't use? I'm in need of suggestions... LOVE that Uncle Mark got her the flower outfit not knowing it was a costume, awesome. I hope your recovery is going well! You look amazing and SO, so so happy!

Erin said...

heard from abby you had a baby. love the name and she is sooo precious! congrats!